Nominations of 31 candidates rejected
Patna: Nominations of 31 of 711 candidates who have filed their papers for 47 seats going to polls in the first phase in Bihar were rejected on technical grounds, an election official said on Wednesday.
"Nominations of 31 of 711 candidates have been found invalid on technical grounds on scrutiny of papers held today for the first phase poll," Additional Chief Electoral Officer, Kumar Anshumali told reporters.
According to information received so far, nominations of candidates of the major political parties had been found to be in order, he said.
Tomorrow is the last date for withdrawal of candidature for the first phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'