Nominations of 31 candidates rejected
Patna: Nominations of 31 of 711 candidates who have filed their papers for 47 seats going to polls in the first phase in Bihar were rejected on technical grounds, an election official said on Wednesday.
"Nominations of 31 of 711 candidates have been found invalid on technical grounds on scrutiny of papers held today for the first phase poll," Additional Chief Electoral Officer, Kumar Anshumali told reporters.
According to information received so far, nominations of candidates of the major political parties had been found to be in order, he said.
Tomorrow is the last date for withdrawal of candidature for the first phase.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack