School students block roads in Patna
Patna: Students of TK Ghosh Academy Government School on Monday blocked the busy Ashok Rajpath here and burnt tyres to protest against the government`s plan to acquire school`s land for official purpose.
Holding anti-Nitish placards, the students gathered on Ashok Rajpath this morning and jammed the busy road.
Vehicular traffic remained disrupted for more than two hours, official sources said.
The agitated students also brunt tyres and the police faced difficulty to disperse them, sources said.
Twelve students were arrested, the police said.
They demanded that the state government abandon the plan
for acquiring the piece of land, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!
- Indian small cars to benefit from Sri Lanka import duty changes
- Pakistan bans contraceptive advertisements on TV, radio
- Janet Yellen says Fed rate hike likely appropriate in coming months
- Nico Hulkenberg, Sergio Perez provide qualifying boost for Force India