School students block roads in Patna
Patna: Students of TK Ghosh Academy Government School on Monday blocked the busy Ashok Rajpath here and burnt tyres to protest against the government`s plan to acquire school`s land for official purpose.
Holding anti-Nitish placards, the students gathered on Ashok Rajpath this morning and jammed the busy road.
Vehicular traffic remained disrupted for more than two hours, official sources said.
The agitated students also brunt tyres and the police faced difficulty to disperse them, sources said.
Twelve students were arrested, the police said.
They demanded that the state government abandon the plan
for acquiring the piece of land, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases