School students block roads in Patna
Patna: Students of TK Ghosh Academy Government School on Monday blocked the busy Ashok Rajpath here and burnt tyres to protest against the government`s plan to acquire school`s land for official purpose.
Holding anti-Nitish placards, the students gathered on Ashok Rajpath this morning and jammed the busy road.
Vehicular traffic remained disrupted for more than two hours, official sources said.
The agitated students also brunt tyres and the police faced difficulty to disperse them, sources said.
Twelve students were arrested, the police said.
They demanded that the state government abandon the plan
for acquiring the piece of land, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step