School students block roads in Patna
Patna: Students of TK Ghosh Academy Government School on Monday blocked the busy Ashok Rajpath here and burnt tyres to protest against the government`s plan to acquire school`s land for official purpose.
Holding anti-Nitish placards, the students gathered on Ashok Rajpath this morning and jammed the busy road.
Vehicular traffic remained disrupted for more than two hours, official sources said.
The agitated students also brunt tyres and the police faced difficulty to disperse them, sources said.
Twelve students were arrested, the police said.
They demanded that the state government abandon the plan
for acquiring the piece of land, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy
- China's top 500 firms report first revenue decline in 15 years
- ONGC hires consultant to assess reserves in GSPC KG gas block
- OMG! Young girl borrows phone from unknown people to send 'mujra' ladies for clients - WATCH what happens next
- PM Narendra Modi brings water to parched Saurashtra region in Gujarat