Senior JD(U) leader Murlidhar Mandal dies
Khagaria (Bihar): Senior JD(U) leader and its former Deputy Chief Whip in the Bihar Assembly Murlidhar Mandal died here on WeDNESday due to heart failure, family sources said.
Mandal (60) is survived by his wife and two sons.
The JD(U) leader died in his native Dhutha village on way to hospital after a heart attack, the sources said.
Last rites of the leader, who represented Sikti Assembly seat in Araria district in the last term, were performed in his native village this afternoon.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar condoled the untimely death of Mandal describing the departed leader as a "sensitive personality" who was deeply concerned about development of his region.
State Assembly Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary also condoled death of Mandal, while BJP MLA from Sikti, Anandi Prasad Yadav, described him as a great socialist leader who always fought for the rights of the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal