Senior JD(U) leader Murlidhar Mandal dies
Khagaria (Bihar): Senior JD(U) leader and its former Deputy Chief Whip in the Bihar Assembly Murlidhar Mandal died here on WeDNESday due to heart failure, family sources said.
Mandal (60) is survived by his wife and two sons.
The JD(U) leader died in his native Dhutha village on way to hospital after a heart attack, the sources said.
Last rites of the leader, who represented Sikti Assembly seat in Araria district in the last term, were performed in his native village this afternoon.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar condoled the untimely death of Mandal describing the departed leader as a "sensitive personality" who was deeply concerned about development of his region.
State Assembly Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary also condoled death of Mandal, while BJP MLA from Sikti, Anandi Prasad Yadav, described him as a great socialist leader who always fought for the rights of the poor.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list