Senior JD(U) leader Murlidhar Mandal dies
Khagaria (Bihar): Senior JD(U) leader and its former Deputy Chief Whip in the Bihar Assembly Murlidhar Mandal died here on WeDNESday due to heart failure, family sources said.
Mandal (60) is survived by his wife and two sons.
The JD(U) leader died in his native Dhutha village on way to hospital after a heart attack, the sources said.
Last rites of the leader, who represented Sikti Assembly seat in Araria district in the last term, were performed in his native village this afternoon.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar condoled the untimely death of Mandal describing the departed leader as a "sensitive personality" who was deeply concerned about development of his region.
State Assembly Speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary also condoled death of Mandal, while BJP MLA from Sikti, Anandi Prasad Yadav, described him as a great socialist leader who always fought for the rights of the poor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday