Seven students injured in police lathicharge at Patna
Patna: Seven students were today injured in
a police lathicharge on a group of them when they turned
violent while on their way to the Raj Bhavan here to submit a
memorandum to Governor D Devanand Konwar seeking his
intervention for conduct of students union polls in colleges
and universities of the state.
The students, belonging to the AISA, RJD, LJP and NSUI,
took out a procession in support of their demand and blocked
traffic on the road near Patna High Court before clashing with
the police. Following this, the police lathicharged them to
disperse them, official sources said.
Police officials confirmed the incident and said the
injured students were taken to hospital for treatment.
The students union polls in the colleges and universities
of the state have not been held for the past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery