Seven students injured in police lathicharge at Patna
Patna: Seven students were today injured in
a police lathicharge on a group of them when they turned
violent while on their way to the Raj Bhavan here to submit a
memorandum to Governor D Devanand Konwar seeking his
intervention for conduct of students union polls in colleges
and universities of the state.
The students, belonging to the AISA, RJD, LJP and NSUI,
took out a procession in support of their demand and blocked
traffic on the road near Patna High Court before clashing with
the police. Following this, the police lathicharged them to
disperse them, official sources said.
Police officials confirmed the incident and said the
injured students were taken to hospital for treatment.
The students union polls in the colleges and universities
of the state have not been held for the past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- LIVE: After surgical strikes by Indian Army, Nawaz Sharif says Pakistan wants peace
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’