Seven students injured in police lathicharge at Patna
Patna: Seven students were today injured in
a police lathicharge on a group of them when they turned
violent while on their way to the Raj Bhavan here to submit a
memorandum to Governor D Devanand Konwar seeking his
intervention for conduct of students union polls in colleges
and universities of the state.
The students, belonging to the AISA, RJD, LJP and NSUI,
took out a procession in support of their demand and blocked
traffic on the road near Patna High Court before clashing with
the police. Following this, the police lathicharged them to
disperse them, official sources said.
Police officials confirmed the incident and said the
injured students were taken to hospital for treatment.
The students union polls in the colleges and universities
of the state have not been held for the past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Indo-US counter-terrorism joint working group to meet today
- Hillary Clinton more qualified than anyone to serve as US president: Barack Obama
- Rahul Gandhi likely to speak on price rise in Lok Sabha today
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: Ten years later, MCOCA court likely to deliver verdict today
- PM Modi to chair NITI Aayog meet today, review 15-year vision plan