Seven students injured in police lathicharge at Patna
Patna: Seven students were today injured in
a police lathicharge on a group of them when they turned
violent while on their way to the Raj Bhavan here to submit a
memorandum to Governor D Devanand Konwar seeking his
intervention for conduct of students union polls in colleges
and universities of the state.
The students, belonging to the AISA, RJD, LJP and NSUI,
took out a procession in support of their demand and blocked
traffic on the road near Patna High Court before clashing with
the police. Following this, the police lathicharged them to
disperse them, official sources said.
Police officials confirmed the incident and said the
injured students were taken to hospital for treatment.
The students union polls in the colleges and universities
of the state have not been held for the past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan
- Bangladesh PM Hasina accuses BNP of being behind 2014 grenade attack
- Trains delayed after wire snaps on Delhi-Saharanpur route