17-year-old girl student raped by school peon in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A 17-year-old girl student of a government school was allegedly raped by a peon at her home in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"Tikeshwar Mandavi (20), the peon, has been taken into custody for allegedly raping the minor student at her home yesterday in Arandi village under Keshkal police station area of the district," they said.
According to police, the incident occurred last night when the victim was alone at home. "The accused reportedly entered her house and sexually assaulted her," they said.
Mandavi was arrested on complaint of the girl`s relatives, police said, adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’