17-year-old girl student raped by school peon in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A 17-year-old girl student of a government school was allegedly raped by a peon at her home in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"Tikeshwar Mandavi (20), the peon, has been taken into custody for allegedly raping the minor student at her home yesterday in Arandi village under Keshkal police station area of the district," they said.
According to police, the incident occurred last night when the victim was alone at home. "The accused reportedly entered her house and sexually assaulted her," they said.
Mandavi was arrested on complaint of the girl`s relatives, police said, adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him