17-year-old girl student raped by school peon in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A 17-year-old girl student of a government school was allegedly raped by a peon at her home in Kondagaon district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Sunday.
"Tikeshwar Mandavi (20), the peon, has been taken into custody for allegedly raping the minor student at her home yesterday in Arandi village under Keshkal police station area of the district," they said.
According to police, the incident occurred last night when the victim was alone at home. "The accused reportedly entered her house and sexually assaulted her," they said.
Mandavi was arrested on complaint of the girl`s relatives, police said, adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!