3 killed, 31 injured in bus-truck collision in Chhattisgarh
Raigarh: Three persons, including two women, were killed and 31 others injured when their bus collided head-on with a truck here today, police said.
The accident took place at Kaguram turn, about 42 kms from Raigarh district headquarters, under Gharghoda region on Raigarh-Ambikapur road, Raigarh Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Prafulla Thakur said.
The private travel bus, which was heading towards Ambikapur from Raigarh, collided with the speeding truck coming from the opposite direction at the sharp Kaguram turn following which it overturned, leaving three passengers dead.
The 31 others injured, two of them critically, were rushed to a local hospital, the ASP said.
The deceased were identified as Sukranti Sarathi (45) of Raigarh, Bati Ghosh (45) of Kolkata and a government official Emil Toppo (40), who was posted in Dharamjaigarh Janpad Panchayat office, he said.
After preliminary treatment, 25 of those injured were discharged from the hospital while treatment of six others was undergoing in Gharghoda government hospital, where doctors said two of them were serious, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said, adding that efforts are on to nab the absconding truck driver.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS): 10 things you must know!
- India will be 'Congress-free' if BJP keeps nation 'drought-free': Sanjay Raut
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Parent firm Finmeccanica yet to be formally blacklisted, says report
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016