3 killed, 31 injured in bus-truck collision in Chhattisgarh
Raigarh: Three persons, including two women, were killed and 31 others injured when their bus collided head-on with a truck here today, police said.
The accident took place at Kaguram turn, about 42 kms from Raigarh district headquarters, under Gharghoda region on Raigarh-Ambikapur road, Raigarh Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) Prafulla Thakur said.
The private travel bus, which was heading towards Ambikapur from Raigarh, collided with the speeding truck coming from the opposite direction at the sharp Kaguram turn following which it overturned, leaving three passengers dead.
The 31 others injured, two of them critically, were rushed to a local hospital, the ASP said.
The deceased were identified as Sukranti Sarathi (45) of Raigarh, Bati Ghosh (45) of Kolkata and a government official Emil Toppo (40), who was posted in Dharamjaigarh Janpad Panchayat office, he said.
After preliminary treatment, 25 of those injured were discharged from the hospital while treatment of six others was undergoing in Gharghoda government hospital, where doctors said two of them were serious, he said.
A case has been registered in this connection, he said, adding that efforts are on to nab the absconding truck driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre