Assistant constable shot dead in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxalites allegedly shot dead a Special Police Officer (SPO) at his native village Aurapani in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
"Siyaram Ekka (40) was shot dead in his native village Aurapani, located close to Jharkhand-Chhattisgarh border in the district, by suspected naxalites in the morning," SP Manish Sharma said.
Siyaram was recently deputed as assistant constable and was staying at Jashpur district headquarters Police Line, the SP said.
According to the officer, Siyaram had left for his village yesterday without informing anyone.
Sharma said police were also investigating whether old rivalry could be the motive behind the incident.
Further investigation is on, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan