Assistant constable shot dead in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxalites allegedly shot dead a Special Police Officer (SPO) at his native village Aurapani in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
"Siyaram Ekka (40) was shot dead in his native village Aurapani, located close to Jharkhand-Chhattisgarh border in the district, by suspected naxalites in the morning," SP Manish Sharma said.
Siyaram was recently deputed as assistant constable and was staying at Jashpur district headquarters Police Line, the SP said.
According to the officer, Siyaram had left for his village yesterday without informing anyone.
Sharma said police were also investigating whether old rivalry could be the motive behind the incident.
Further investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'