Assistant constable shot dead in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxalites allegedly shot dead a Special Police Officer (SPO) at his native village Aurapani in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
"Siyaram Ekka (40) was shot dead in his native village Aurapani, located close to Jharkhand-Chhattisgarh border in the district, by suspected naxalites in the morning," SP Manish Sharma said.
Siyaram was recently deputed as assistant constable and was staying at Jashpur district headquarters Police Line, the SP said.
According to the officer, Siyaram had left for his village yesterday without informing anyone.
Sharma said police were also investigating whether old rivalry could be the motive behind the incident.
Further investigation is on, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents