Assistant constable shot dead in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Naxalites allegedly shot dead a Special Police Officer (SPO) at his native village Aurapani in Jashpur district of Chhattisgarh on Wednesday, police said.
"Siyaram Ekka (40) was shot dead in his native village Aurapani, located close to Jharkhand-Chhattisgarh border in the district, by suspected naxalites in the morning," SP Manish Sharma said.
Siyaram was recently deputed as assistant constable and was staying at Jashpur district headquarters Police Line, the SP said.
According to the officer, Siyaram had left for his village yesterday without informing anyone.
Sharma said police were also investigating whether old rivalry could be the motive behind the incident.
Further investigation is on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself