C`garh House: 37 MLAs suspended for ruckus over naxal attack
Raipur: Thirty six Congress legislators and one BSP member were on Tuesday suspended from the Chhattisgarh Assembly after they created ruckus and disrupted proceedings while demanding resignation of Chief Minister Raman Singh, blaming the ruling BJP government for the Darbha naxal attack.
Uproar started soon after the House assembled today for the second day`s business of the five-day monsoon session.
The Opposition members raised the issue of naxal attack in Darbha on May 25 in which senior Congressmen were killed and alleged that the government was hand-in-glove with naxals for the massacre conspiracy.
Speaker Dharamlal Kaushik suspended the members from the House suo moto for the day, when they stepped into the well.
Under section 250 (1) of the rules of Assembly procedure and conduct of business, during the sitting of House, no member shall leave his seat to enter the well of the House.
Of the 37 suspended members, 36 are from the Congress including Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and Bahujan Samaj Party MLA Saurabh Singh.
Clad in black clothes, Congress members started protesting right from the beginning and waved banners carrying slogans against the state government and did not allow the Question Hour to carry on.
The Opposition members raised slogans blaming the state government responsible for death of its leaders and created pandemonium in the House.
The Speaker adjourned the House twice in the first hour of the day.
As it reassembled at noon, the chaos continued as members stalled business and demanded resignation of the chief minister.
When the Speaker allowed to table the listed bills for the day, the Congress members trooped into the well shouting slogans against the state government, besides seeking resignation of chief minister.
Amid chaos, the House conducted other businesses before it adjourned for the day.
Later, Congress MLAs protested outside the House in the Vidhan Sabha premises and raised slogans against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened