C`garh House: 37 MLAs suspended for ruckus over naxal attack
Raipur: Thirty six Congress legislators and one BSP member were on Tuesday suspended from the Chhattisgarh Assembly after they created ruckus and disrupted proceedings while demanding resignation of Chief Minister Raman Singh, blaming the ruling BJP government for the Darbha naxal attack.
Uproar started soon after the House assembled today for the second day`s business of the five-day monsoon session.
The Opposition members raised the issue of naxal attack in Darbha on May 25 in which senior Congressmen were killed and alleged that the government was hand-in-glove with naxals for the massacre conspiracy.
Speaker Dharamlal Kaushik suspended the members from the House suo moto for the day, when they stepped into the well.
Under section 250 (1) of the rules of Assembly procedure and conduct of business, during the sitting of House, no member shall leave his seat to enter the well of the House.
Of the 37 suspended members, 36 are from the Congress including Leader of Opposition Ravindra Choubey and Bahujan Samaj Party MLA Saurabh Singh.
Clad in black clothes, Congress members started protesting right from the beginning and waved banners carrying slogans against the state government and did not allow the Question Hour to carry on.
The Opposition members raised slogans blaming the state government responsible for death of its leaders and created pandemonium in the House.
The Speaker adjourned the House twice in the first hour of the day.
As it reassembled at noon, the chaos continued as members stalled business and demanded resignation of the chief minister.
When the Speaker allowed to table the listed bills for the day, the Congress members trooped into the well shouting slogans against the state government, besides seeking resignation of chief minister.
Amid chaos, the House conducted other businesses before it adjourned for the day.
Later, Congress MLAs protested outside the House in the Vidhan Sabha premises and raised slogans against the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price