Chhattisgarh district chosen for MNREGA award
Raipur: Naxal-infested Kanker district in Chhattisgarh has been selected by Centre for the prestigious award for successful implementation of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MNREGA), a top officer said Wednesday.
"North Bastar`s Kanker district and `Gatapara` gram panchayat of Rajnandgaon district have been chosen for exemplary performance in implementing MNREGA in fiscal 2011-12", Additional Chief Secretary of Chhattisgarh Panchayat and Rural Development department Vivek Dhand said.
Chief Minister Raman Singh has congratulated people, district administration, panchayat and gram panchayat of North Bastar`s Kanker district and `Gatapara` gram panchayat for the achievement.
"Selection of Chhattisgarh for the prestigious award justifies the state`s excellent performance in all national schemes", Dhand said quoting the Chief Minister.
Seven districts and eleven gram panchayats in the country have been selected for the award.
According to the bureaucrat, 153 per cent fund has been utilised for providing 145 per cent man-day employment under MNREGA in North Bastar`s Kanker district in 2011-12.
"351 families in the district were given 100-day guaranteed employment under the scheme through 101 employment-generating works at the cost of Rs 101 crore", the officer said, adding the average employment in the state is 45 man days which is more than the national average of 42 man day.
"Each family in Kanker district has been provided with average 58 Man-day employments, which is the highest in the state", Dhand said.
Kanker district panchayat CEO Bhim Singh and the sarpanch of Gatapara gram panchayat Manmohan Verma will receive the award from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on February 2 in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'