Chhattisgarh to get cell to monitor child labour
Raipur: Chhattisgarh government on Wednesday decided to set up a dedicated cell to conduct a survey of child and bonded labourers in every district of the state and take steps for their rehabilitation.
"To eliminate the practice of child and bonded labour, the government took this decision during a high level meeting headed by Chief Secretary Sunil Kumar," an official said.
"A nodal officer would be appointed to handle this cell in each district," he said.
The Chief Secretary has directed that special measures should be undertaken for proper rehabilitation of rescued child and bonded labourers.
Even rescued bonded labourers will be provided `Antyodaya` ration cards and vocational training for skill development, the official said.
The Chief Secretary also ordered uploading of the recent survey on child and bonded labourers on the state website and suggested invoking of tracking system to monitor such labourers.
In the meeting, he also emphasised that schools be opened for child labourers with the support of NGOs across the state.
The State Women and Child Development department is already running such institutions in nearly 12 districts of the state.
Expressing concern over girls` trafficking through placement agencies, Kumar has instructed Home department officials to undertake proper action to prevent the menace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price