Chhattisgarh woos investors in IT and BT sector
Bangalore: Promising incentives and uninterrupted power, the BJP ruled Chhattisgarh on Thursday held a road show here to lure investors from Information Technology and Bio-technology sectors.
The road show is being organised ahead of the November one Global Investors Meet (GIM) in Naya Raipur, a new planned township built on 8,000 hectare by the state government.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh told reporters after a one-on-one meeting with investors from IT, BT and ITES sectors that "Chhattisgarh offers ample opportunities in terms of investment in power, steel, aluminium and cement. Now it wants to diversify into the IT and BT spheres also".
The government is organising a week-long Rajyotsava day along with GIM, he said, adding, the state is also developing a 400 km railway corridor which was expected to be completed in four years.
"For the next 20 years we will promise uninterrupted power supply to industry and agriculture", Singh said noting that Chhattisgarh is the power surplus state in the country.
Singh said his government is opposed only to FDI in retail and not in other sectors.
Singh is accompanied by Industry Minister Rajesh Munat, Chhattisgarh Industrial Development Corporation Chairman Badirdhar Diwan and Chief Secretary Sunil Kumar.
Sunil Kumar said of the 38 MoU inked during the first GIM, 30 have already been implemented.
The state is looking at projects which generate more employment, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal