Congress seeks removal of nodal officer assisting NIA probe
Raipur: Congress has demanded immediate removal of the nodal officer appointed by Chhattisgarh government to assist National Investigation Agency (NIA) probing the Darbha valley Maoist attack in which senior Congress leaders were killed on May 25.
Launching an attack on Chhattisgarh government, union minister and acting president of the state Congress Charan Das Mahant said today that "the nodal officer is not only disturbing the NIA team, but also trying to influence the probe and hide facts. The officer should be immediately removed from the charge".
He accused the Chhattisgarh government of trying to derail the probe to prevent the truth about the alleged political conspiracy behind the Maoist attack on the Congress leaders` convoy from coming out in the open.
Mahant alleged the same officer, who denied security cover to the Congress `parivartan yatra`, avoided giving information about movement of Maoist insurgents in Jiram Valley and also ensured that security was not with the Congress convoy at Darbha on May 25, has been appointed as the nodal officer to help NIA probe.
"The same official is using his discretionary rights to influence the probe. The same officer is also facing charges of being responsible for the death of a senior police official in a Maoist attack at Madanwada in Rajnandgaon district, into which a probe is still pending," he said.
Twenty nine Congressmen, including PCC president Nandkumar Patel, Mahendra Karma, Uday Mudliyar, former union minister V C Shukla, were killed and 35 people injured when Maoists had ambushed their convoy in Jiram valley of Darbha region in Bastar on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!