Five Naxals nabbed from weekly market in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Five Naxalites were arrested from a weekly market in the insurgency-hit Narayanpur district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Monday.
Acting on a tip-off, the cadres were nabbed from Narayanpur police station limits by a team of local police last night, Narayanpur Additional Superintendent of Police O P Sharma told PTI.
Based on information about some rebels having arrived at the Narayanpur weekly market, security personnel launched an investigation at the spot during which five suspects were held, he said.
Later, during interrogation they admitted being involved in the movement, he said.
Those arrested were identified as - Chamru Gota (26), Soma Salaam (50), Antu Korram (36), Soma Pattavi (48) and Jainu Gota (36).
They were involved in several incidents of crime in the region, the ASP said, adding that it was yet to be ascertained to which `dalam` or group of Maoist they belong.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends