Four naxals held in Chhattisgarh: Police
Raipur: Four suspected naxals were arrested during a joint search operation in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Monday.
"The cadres were nabbed from the forests of Basaguda police station area by the joint contingent of district force and CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)," a senior police official told PTI.
Those arrested were identified as -? Nupu Bojja (20), Kunjam Dewa (30), Madvi Budhlal (25) and Dhodi Lakhmu (35), members of Jan militia group, the official said, adding that two knives and naxal literature were recovered from their possession.
During a combing operation in Pisewada, Polampalli and Pusbaka villages, the patrol party rounded up the four on suspicion, the official said.
During interrogation, they allegedly admitted to their involvement in the naxal movement.
They were wanted in several criminal cases including attempt to murder and stocking explosives in the region, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional