Four naxals held in Chhattisgarh: Police
Raipur: Four suspected naxals were arrested during a joint search operation in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh on Monday.
"The cadres were nabbed from the forests of Basaguda police station area by the joint contingent of district force and CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)," a senior police official told PTI.
Those arrested were identified as -? Nupu Bojja (20), Kunjam Dewa (30), Madvi Budhlal (25) and Dhodi Lakhmu (35), members of Jan militia group, the official said, adding that two knives and naxal literature were recovered from their possession.
During a combing operation in Pisewada, Polampalli and Pusbaka villages, the patrol party rounded up the four on suspicion, the official said.
During interrogation, they allegedly admitted to their involvement in the naxal movement.
They were wanted in several criminal cases including attempt to murder and stocking explosives in the region, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch