In Chhattisgarh, Naxals kill abducted father of policeman
Raipur: Naxals have killed the father of a policeman, who they had abducted from Chhattisgarh`s Bijapur district last month, police said.
"50-year-old Madiyami Sonu, father of Assistant Constable Asharam, was killed by Naxals with sharp weapons near Bhatwada village in the district," Additional Superintendent of Police Vivek Shukla told a news agency over phone.
Sonu had been abducted in December from his native Bhatwada village. The body was found near the village today, Shukla said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam