Maoists kill three personnel of Chhattisgarh Armed Force
Raipur: Three Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) jawans and a Naxalite were on Tuesday killed in an encounter between the ultras and security personnel in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district.
"The incident took place between the forests of Maharabeda and Kaushalnagar villages this afternoon," state Director General of Police (DGP) Ramniwas told a news agency.
Acting on a tip-off, the patrol party undertook a combing operation in the region since early morning. When it reached near the jungles of Maharabeda village, Naxals opened indiscriminate fire on them, killing three jawans of CAF 16 battalion.
"Two jawans died on the spot while another succumbed to bullet injuries while being taken out from the jungle," the DGP said.
Security personnel have recovered the body of a Naxal from the spot, he said, adding that identity of the Naxal was yet to be ascertained.
Additional forces have been rushed to the spot. A search operation has been launched to nab the attackers, Ramniwas said.
According to the DGP, few Naxalites might have been injured or killed in the incident but their associates took them to the core forest region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Debris in Tanzania to be examined for link to missing MH370: Report
- Religious tensions bristle in Myanmar village after mosque destroyed
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati