Maoists kill three personnel of Chhattisgarh Armed Force
Raipur: Three Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) jawans and a Naxalite were on Tuesday killed in an encounter between the ultras and security personnel in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district.
"The incident took place between the forests of Maharabeda and Kaushalnagar villages this afternoon," state Director General of Police (DGP) Ramniwas told a news agency.
Acting on a tip-off, the patrol party undertook a combing operation in the region since early morning. When it reached near the jungles of Maharabeda village, Naxals opened indiscriminate fire on them, killing three jawans of CAF 16 battalion.
"Two jawans died on the spot while another succumbed to bullet injuries while being taken out from the jungle," the DGP said.
Security personnel have recovered the body of a Naxal from the spot, he said, adding that identity of the Naxal was yet to be ascertained.
Additional forces have been rushed to the spot. A search operation has been launched to nab the attackers, Ramniwas said.
According to the DGP, few Naxalites might have been injured or killed in the incident but their associates took them to the core forest region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical