Maoists kill three personnel of Chhattisgarh Armed Force
Raipur: Three Chhattisgarh Armed Force (CAF) jawans and a Naxalite were on Tuesday killed in an encounter between the ultras and security personnel in Maoist-hit Narayanpur district.
"The incident took place between the forests of Maharabeda and Kaushalnagar villages this afternoon," state Director General of Police (DGP) Ramniwas told a news agency.
Acting on a tip-off, the patrol party undertook a combing operation in the region since early morning. When it reached near the jungles of Maharabeda village, Naxals opened indiscriminate fire on them, killing three jawans of CAF 16 battalion.
"Two jawans died on the spot while another succumbed to bullet injuries while being taken out from the jungle," the DGP said.
Security personnel have recovered the body of a Naxal from the spot, he said, adding that identity of the Naxal was yet to be ascertained.
Additional forces have been rushed to the spot. A search operation has been launched to nab the attackers, Ramniwas said.
According to the DGP, few Naxalites might have been injured or killed in the incident but their associates took them to the core forest region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dimple Kapadia’s reaction to Naseeruddin Shah’s remarks about Rajesh Khanna is simple yet strong
- England vs Pakistan: Alastair Cook glad to get 'carried along' with Joe Root
- On 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas', nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers
- Are Saturn's rings bending? NASA releases strange image from Cassini (Pic inside)
- Curfew, restrictions continue in Kashmir