Naxalite problem in Chhattisgarh under control: DGP
Bhopal: Chhattisgarh`s new Director General of Police (DGP) on Sunday said the law and order situation in his State has improved and the Naxalite problem was very much under control.
Ramniwas, who took over as DGP on December 1, told PTI over phone from Raipur that assistance from the Centre, good work done by the Chhattisgarh Government and cooperation from various quarters are the factors responsible for improvement in law and order and Naxal scenario in the tribal-dominated State.
Asked if the number of crimes had come down, the senior IPS officer replied in the affirmative but did not provide details.
About the Naxal menace, the DGP said there was a need to bring people who have taken recourse to violence into the national mainstream with the help of all those who believe in democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends