Naxalite problem in Chhattisgarh under control: DGP
Bhopal: Chhattisgarh`s new Director General of Police (DGP) on Sunday said the law and order situation in his State has improved and the Naxalite problem was very much under control.
Ramniwas, who took over as DGP on December 1, told PTI over phone from Raipur that assistance from the Centre, good work done by the Chhattisgarh Government and cooperation from various quarters are the factors responsible for improvement in law and order and Naxal scenario in the tribal-dominated State.
Asked if the number of crimes had come down, the senior IPS officer replied in the affirmative but did not provide details.
About the Naxal menace, the DGP said there was a need to bring people who have taken recourse to violence into the national mainstream with the help of all those who believe in democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez