Naxalite problem in Chhattisgarh under control: DGP
Bhopal: Chhattisgarh`s new Director General of Police (DGP) on Sunday said the law and order situation in his State has improved and the Naxalite problem was very much under control.
Ramniwas, who took over as DGP on December 1, told PTI over phone from Raipur that assistance from the Centre, good work done by the Chhattisgarh Government and cooperation from various quarters are the factors responsible for improvement in law and order and Naxal scenario in the tribal-dominated State.
Asked if the number of crimes had come down, the senior IPS officer replied in the affirmative but did not provide details.
About the Naxal menace, the DGP said there was a need to bring people who have taken recourse to violence into the national mainstream with the help of all those who believe in democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth