Naxalite problem in Chhattisgarh under control: DGP
Bhopal: Chhattisgarh`s new Director General of Police (DGP) on Sunday said the law and order situation in his State has improved and the Naxalite problem was very much under control.
Ramniwas, who took over as DGP on December 1, told PTI over phone from Raipur that assistance from the Centre, good work done by the Chhattisgarh Government and cooperation from various quarters are the factors responsible for improvement in law and order and Naxal scenario in the tribal-dominated State.
Asked if the number of crimes had come down, the senior IPS officer replied in the affirmative but did not provide details.
About the Naxal menace, the DGP said there was a need to bring people who have taken recourse to violence into the national mainstream with the help of all those who believe in democracy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh