NCP to contest 20 seats in C`garh Assembly elections
Raipur: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Sunday said that it has teamed up with "small" parties and will be contesting on 20 seats in Chhattisgarh Assembly elections.
"NCP will fight the upcoming Assembly polls in Chhattisgarh by forging ties with small parties working in the state. After holding discussions with these groups, the party has decided to field its candidates on nearly 20 seats," party MP and state unit in-charge, DP Tripathi told reporters here.
Tripathi said the names of the candidates will be finalised by year-end after holding discussions with them and assessing the party`s prospects to win in respective constituencies.
The constituencies include Mahasamund, Saraipali, Basna, Khallari, Arang, two seats in Raipur, Bindranavagarh, Chandrapur, Manendragarh, Sakti, Chanpa, Ambikapur, Lundra, Seepat, Bilaspur and Bhatapara, Tripathi said.
Tripathi is on a two-day visit to the city.
"Chhattisgarh NCP president Satish Jaggi will go on a statewide visit after April 10 and hold discussions with the aspirants," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY