NCP to contest 20 seats in C`garh Assembly elections
Raipur: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Sunday said that it has teamed up with "small" parties and will be contesting on 20 seats in Chhattisgarh Assembly elections.
"NCP will fight the upcoming Assembly polls in Chhattisgarh by forging ties with small parties working in the state. After holding discussions with these groups, the party has decided to field its candidates on nearly 20 seats," party MP and state unit in-charge, DP Tripathi told reporters here.
Tripathi said the names of the candidates will be finalised by year-end after holding discussions with them and assessing the party`s prospects to win in respective constituencies.
The constituencies include Mahasamund, Saraipali, Basna, Khallari, Arang, two seats in Raipur, Bindranavagarh, Chandrapur, Manendragarh, Sakti, Chanpa, Ambikapur, Lundra, Seepat, Bilaspur and Bhatapara, Tripathi said.
Tripathi is on a two-day visit to the city.
"Chhattisgarh NCP president Satish Jaggi will go on a statewide visit after April 10 and hold discussions with the aspirants," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional