NCP to contest 20 seats in C`garh Assembly elections
Raipur: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Sunday said that it has teamed up with "small" parties and will be contesting on 20 seats in Chhattisgarh Assembly elections.
"NCP will fight the upcoming Assembly polls in Chhattisgarh by forging ties with small parties working in the state. After holding discussions with these groups, the party has decided to field its candidates on nearly 20 seats," party MP and state unit in-charge, DP Tripathi told reporters here.
Tripathi said the names of the candidates will be finalised by year-end after holding discussions with them and assessing the party`s prospects to win in respective constituencies.
The constituencies include Mahasamund, Saraipali, Basna, Khallari, Arang, two seats in Raipur, Bindranavagarh, Chandrapur, Manendragarh, Sakti, Chanpa, Ambikapur, Lundra, Seepat, Bilaspur and Bhatapara, Tripathi said.
Tripathi is on a two-day visit to the city.
"Chhattisgarh NCP president Satish Jaggi will go on a statewide visit after April 10 and hold discussions with the aspirants," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- MUST WATCH: One to be treasured! Virat Kohli's 200 and Sunil Gavaskar's generous applause
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ