NCP to contest 20 seats in C`garh Assembly elections
Raipur: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Sunday said that it has teamed up with "small" parties and will be contesting on 20 seats in Chhattisgarh Assembly elections.
"NCP will fight the upcoming Assembly polls in Chhattisgarh by forging ties with small parties working in the state. After holding discussions with these groups, the party has decided to field its candidates on nearly 20 seats," party MP and state unit in-charge, DP Tripathi told reporters here.
Tripathi said the names of the candidates will be finalised by year-end after holding discussions with them and assessing the party`s prospects to win in respective constituencies.
The constituencies include Mahasamund, Saraipali, Basna, Khallari, Arang, two seats in Raipur, Bindranavagarh, Chandrapur, Manendragarh, Sakti, Chanpa, Ambikapur, Lundra, Seepat, Bilaspur and Bhatapara, Tripathi said.
Tripathi is on a two-day visit to the city.
"Chhattisgarh NCP president Satish Jaggi will go on a statewide visit after April 10 and hold discussions with the aspirants," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic