NCP to contest 20 seats in C`garh Assembly elections
Raipur: Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) on Sunday said that it has teamed up with "small" parties and will be contesting on 20 seats in Chhattisgarh Assembly elections.
"NCP will fight the upcoming Assembly polls in Chhattisgarh by forging ties with small parties working in the state. After holding discussions with these groups, the party has decided to field its candidates on nearly 20 seats," party MP and state unit in-charge, DP Tripathi told reporters here.
Tripathi said the names of the candidates will be finalised by year-end after holding discussions with them and assessing the party`s prospects to win in respective constituencies.
The constituencies include Mahasamund, Saraipali, Basna, Khallari, Arang, two seats in Raipur, Bindranavagarh, Chandrapur, Manendragarh, Sakti, Chanpa, Ambikapur, Lundra, Seepat, Bilaspur and Bhatapara, Tripathi said.
Tripathi is on a two-day visit to the city.
"Chhattisgarh NCP president Satish Jaggi will go on a statewide visit after April 10 and hold discussions with the aspirants," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday