Night train service cancelled in Naxal-hit Dandakaranya
New Delhi: Owing to Naxalite threat in Chhattisgarh`s Dandakaranya region, the Railways have cancelled train movement in the area during night from Tuesday till June 12.
"In view of observance of `Janapituri Week` by Naxalites from June 5 to June 11 in Dandakaranya area of Bastar district in Chhattisgarh, train services in Koraput and Kirandul section will be disrupted," a release of East Coast Railway said.
Train movements during night from 8 pm of June 4 to 6 am of June 12 in the section will remain cancelled.
Visakhapatnam-Koraput-Kirandul-Visakhapatnam passenger will be short terminated at Jagadalpur and will remain cancelled between Jagadalpur to Kirandul from both the directions, the release said.
Freight trains services between Kamlur and Kumar Sadra during night have been restricted to run with a speed limit of 20 kmph during the above period, it said.
Meanwhile, Railways have alerted RPF`s all Chief Security Commissioners concerned to take precautionary measures.
While patrolling along the tracks by GRP has been intensified in Naxal affected areas, RPF position has also been strengthened in the area.
East Coast Railway, Eastern Railway, South Eastern Railway, South-East Central Railway and East Central Railway have been identified as Naxalite-prone zones.
"Though combating Maoist menace is a law and order issue and tackled by state police, RPF personnel are being deployed in sensitive areas to guard tracks, bridges and tunnels," a senior Railway Ministry official said.
Currently, RPF is escorting 1,275 trains and GRP personnel are being deployed in about 2,200 trains as a preventive measure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says