Ram Naresh Yadav sworn-in as Chhattisgarh Governor
Raipur: Ram Naresh Yadav was on Wednesday sworn-in as the Governor of Chhattisgarh today following the resignation of Shekhar Dutt.
The Madhya Pradesh Governor has been given the additional charge of Chhattisgarh.
Chief Justice Yatindra Singh of Bilaspur High Court administered the oath of office to Yadav in a function organised at Raj Bhawan here.
Speaking to the newsmen after the ceremony, Governor Yadav said he will make efforts to bring naxalites into mainstream and ensure their role in development of the state.
"I will discuss the issue (naxalism) with both Centre and state?I will make efforts to bring them into national mainstream and ensure their role in the development of the state," he said.
He further stressed for the development of Chhattisgarh and call upon the people to contribute for the growth of the state.
"I congratulate the people of the state and extend my best wishes to them. I wish the state marches ahead on the path of development for which I will deliver my role from here to Centre," he added.
On the occasion, Chief Minister Dr Raman Singh, Leader of Opposition TS Singhdeo, Cabinet Ministers namely Brijmohan Agrawal, Ramsevak Paikra, Ajay Chandrakar, Rajesh Moonat, Punnulal Mohile, Kedar Kashyap, Ramsheela Sahu and senior officials were present.
The office of the Governor was lying vacant after Dutt tendered his resignation last month. He had taken charge as the Chhattisgarh governor in January 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH