Six Maoist ultras arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six Maoist militants were apprehended on Friday in a forested pocket of Chhattisgarh`s restive Bastar region, police said.
The rebels, who are senior cadres of the banned outfit Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), were arrested in a search operation in Bijapur district.
Himanshu Gupta, the inspector general of police (Bastar region), told reporters that the guerrillas were arrested by a joint contingent of District Force and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) from Mirtoor police station area, some 500 km south of state capital Raipur.
According to police, the arrested Maoists were involved in several cases of attacks on police and civilians in Bastar region since June 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US report on Chinese Muslims joining ISIS 'groundless': Media
- Kriti Sanon to star opposite Farhan Akhtar in 'Lucknow Central'
- New forms of HIV can jump from animals to humans
- SC issues notice to EC on plea seeking disqualification of convicted lawmakers
- Kashmir unrest: SC to hear plea seeking Governor's rule in Valley next week