Six Maoist ultras arrested in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Six Maoist militants were apprehended on Friday in a forested pocket of Chhattisgarh`s restive Bastar region, police said.
The rebels, who are senior cadres of the banned outfit Communist Party of India-Maoist (CPI-Maoist), were arrested in a search operation in Bijapur district.
Himanshu Gupta, the inspector general of police (Bastar region), told reporters that the guerrillas were arrested by a joint contingent of District Force and the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) from Mirtoor police station area, some 500 km south of state capital Raipur.
According to police, the arrested Maoists were involved in several cases of attacks on police and civilians in Bastar region since June 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof