Teenager gang-raped in Chhattisgarh; three held
Raipur: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three teenagers in Bemtara district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
All the three accused, who allegedly committed the crime on Thursday night, were arrested today, said a top police officer.
"The accused Fusku Ram (19), Golu (18) and Kunal (19) attacked and robbed the victim`s male friend near a pond on the outskirts of Chakravai village on Thursday night when the duo were returning from a fair, and then took turns to rape her", IG (Durg Range) Ashok Juneja told PTI on Saturday.
The trio were picked up after the victim approached the police yesterday, he said.
Meanwhile, a 16-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted on Thursday night by her 19-year-old neighbour Kamlesh Sahare in Bhilai town.
"The accused entered the girl`s house in Indira Nagar area after finding her alone and raped her", said Juneja.
Kamlesh has been absconding after committing the crime and a search is on to trace him, the IG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country