Teenager gang-raped in Chhattisgarh; three held
Raipur: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three teenagers in Bemtara district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
All the three accused, who allegedly committed the crime on Thursday night, were arrested today, said a top police officer.
"The accused Fusku Ram (19), Golu (18) and Kunal (19) attacked and robbed the victim`s male friend near a pond on the outskirts of Chakravai village on Thursday night when the duo were returning from a fair, and then took turns to rape her", IG (Durg Range) Ashok Juneja told PTI on Saturday.
The trio were picked up after the victim approached the police yesterday, he said.
Meanwhile, a 16-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted on Thursday night by her 19-year-old neighbour Kamlesh Sahare in Bhilai town.
"The accused entered the girl`s house in Indira Nagar area after finding her alone and raped her", said Juneja.
Kamlesh has been absconding after committing the crime and a search is on to trace him, the IG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre