Teenager gang-raped in Chhattisgarh; three held
Raipur: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three teenagers in Bemtara district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
All the three accused, who allegedly committed the crime on Thursday night, were arrested today, said a top police officer.
"The accused Fusku Ram (19), Golu (18) and Kunal (19) attacked and robbed the victim`s male friend near a pond on the outskirts of Chakravai village on Thursday night when the duo were returning from a fair, and then took turns to rape her", IG (Durg Range) Ashok Juneja told PTI on Saturday.
The trio were picked up after the victim approached the police yesterday, he said.
Meanwhile, a 16-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted on Thursday night by her 19-year-old neighbour Kamlesh Sahare in Bhilai town.
"The accused entered the girl`s house in Indira Nagar area after finding her alone and raped her", said Juneja.
Kamlesh has been absconding after committing the crime and a search is on to trace him, the IG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price