Teenager gang-raped in Chhattisgarh; three held
Raipur: An 18-year-old girl was allegedly raped by three teenagers in Bemtara district of Chhattisgarh, police said on Saturday.
All the three accused, who allegedly committed the crime on Thursday night, were arrested today, said a top police officer.
"The accused Fusku Ram (19), Golu (18) and Kunal (19) attacked and robbed the victim`s male friend near a pond on the outskirts of Chakravai village on Thursday night when the duo were returning from a fair, and then took turns to rape her", IG (Durg Range) Ashok Juneja told PTI on Saturday.
The trio were picked up after the victim approached the police yesterday, he said.
Meanwhile, a 16-year-old girl was allegedly sexually assaulted on Thursday night by her 19-year-old neighbour Kamlesh Sahare in Bhilai town.
"The accused entered the girl`s house in Indira Nagar area after finding her alone and raped her", said Juneja.
Kamlesh has been absconding after committing the crime and a search is on to trace him, the IG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today
- IIFA Awards 2016: Here is the list of winners