Three Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kanker district, police said on Sunday.
Based on specific inputs, two cadres were apprehended from Bande police station limits this morning, Kanker Superintendent of Police, RN Dash, told PTI.
After getting information about the visit of ultras to their native place Mahlapara, located around 300 km away from the state capital, a team of local police was mobilised in the region.
After surrounding the village, the security personnel nabbed the duo, he said.
Those arrested were identified as Maniram Kureti (35) and Mansa Nareti (35), he said, adding, they were involved in several incidents of crime in the region, including triggering blasts.
In another incident, a cadre Radheshyam Darro (48) was arrested from restive Chowki region of the district last evening.
A team of district force was on a combing operation in the forests of Chowki outpost, during which it nabbed the rebel from Kalwar village, Dash added.
They were active as members of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) in the north Bastar region, he said, adding, further interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr