Three Naxals held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three Naxals were arrested from separate places in Chhattisgarh`s insurgency-hit Kanker district, police said on Sunday.
Based on specific inputs, two cadres were apprehended from Bande police station limits this morning, Kanker Superintendent of Police, RN Dash, told PTI.
After getting information about the visit of ultras to their native place Mahlapara, located around 300 km away from the state capital, a team of local police was mobilised in the region.
After surrounding the village, the security personnel nabbed the duo, he said.
Those arrested were identified as Maniram Kureti (35) and Mansa Nareti (35), he said, adding, they were involved in several incidents of crime in the region, including triggering blasts.
In another incident, a cadre Radheshyam Darro (48) was arrested from restive Chowki region of the district last evening.
A team of district force was on a combing operation in the forests of Chowki outpost, during which it nabbed the rebel from Kalwar village, Dash added.
They were active as members of the outlawed CPI (Maoist) in the north Bastar region, he said, adding, further interrogation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days