Three troopers injured in landmine blast in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three policemen, including an officer, were injured in a landmine blast triggered by Naxals in Gariyaband district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday, police said.
"Deputy Superintendent of Police R K Minj, constables Thaneshwar Verma and Gaurav Shrivastava were injured in the landmine blast triggered by the ultras near Dagnai Nala under Mainpur police station limit in the wee hours today," SP Ramgopal Garg said.
The injured persons were first admitted to a district hospital and subsequently air-lifted to Raipur for treatment, he said.
"On getting the information that the Maoist insurgents have blocked the road near Dagnai Nala, located over 100 km from here, by felling trees a police party was sent to clear the route," SP said.
When the troopers were removing the trees from the road, naxals triggered the blast and fled into jungle, he said, adding the search was on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir