Three troopers injured in landmine blast in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Three policemen, including an officer, were injured in a landmine blast triggered by Naxals in Gariyaband district of Chhattisgarh on Sunday, police said.
"Deputy Superintendent of Police R K Minj, constables Thaneshwar Verma and Gaurav Shrivastava were injured in the landmine blast triggered by the ultras near Dagnai Nala under Mainpur police station limit in the wee hours today," SP Ramgopal Garg said.
The injured persons were first admitted to a district hospital and subsequently air-lifted to Raipur for treatment, he said.
"On getting the information that the Maoist insurgents have blocked the road near Dagnai Nala, located over 100 km from here, by felling trees a police party was sent to clear the route," SP said.
When the troopers were removing the trees from the road, naxals triggered the blast and fled into jungle, he said, adding the search was on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh