Three women Naxals arrested in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: Three women Naxals including a dalam commander have been arrested here, police said on Wednesday.
The three have been identified as Khobramendha dalam commander Rajita alias Sukri Weladi, (35), Suman alias Sumitra Lekhami (23) and Tunge Hedo (22).
Rajita, who was picked up from Charvidand village in North Gadchiroli yesterday, was made dalam commander in 2001, Deputy Inspector General of Police, Gadchiroli Range, Ravindra Kadam told reporters here today.
She was married to Ratan alias Kishtanna, the Deori dalam commander who was later murdered by the Naxals themselves.
Rajita later married Mahesh alias Murli, who was arrested by police in Nagpur in May 2007, the DIG said.
She was involved in as many as 35 crimes including encounters, murders, arson and others.
While Suman was involved in 12 cases of murder, arson and others, Tunge had four cases of crime against her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam