Three women Naxals arrested in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: Three women Naxals including a dalam commander have been arrested here, police said on Wednesday.
The three have been identified as Khobramendha dalam commander Rajita alias Sukri Weladi, (35), Suman alias Sumitra Lekhami (23) and Tunge Hedo (22).
Rajita, who was picked up from Charvidand village in North Gadchiroli yesterday, was made dalam commander in 2001, Deputy Inspector General of Police, Gadchiroli Range, Ravindra Kadam told reporters here today.
She was married to Ratan alias Kishtanna, the Deori dalam commander who was later murdered by the Naxals themselves.
Rajita later married Mahesh alias Murli, who was arrested by police in Nagpur in May 2007, the DIG said.
She was involved in as many as 35 crimes including encounters, murders, arson and others.
While Suman was involved in 12 cases of murder, arson and others, Tunge had four cases of crime against her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people