Three women Naxals arrested in Gadchiroli
Gadchiroli: Three women Naxals including a dalam commander have been arrested here, police said on Wednesday.
The three have been identified as Khobramendha dalam commander Rajita alias Sukri Weladi, (35), Suman alias Sumitra Lekhami (23) and Tunge Hedo (22).
Rajita, who was picked up from Charvidand village in North Gadchiroli yesterday, was made dalam commander in 2001, Deputy Inspector General of Police, Gadchiroli Range, Ravindra Kadam told reporters here today.
She was married to Ratan alias Kishtanna, the Deori dalam commander who was later murdered by the Naxals themselves.
Rajita later married Mahesh alias Murli, who was arrested by police in Nagpur in May 2007, the DIG said.
She was involved in as many as 35 crimes including encounters, murders, arson and others.
While Suman was involved in 12 cases of murder, arson and others, Tunge had four cases of crime against her, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway