Tribal girl alleges rape at govt school six years ago
Raipur: Close on the heels of the rape allegations at government-run school for tribal girls at Kanker, another case of rape, dating back six years, has come to light in Chhattisgarh`s Balod district.
Anita Thakur, superintendent of the pre-matric girls residential school (ashram) at Amadula village in the district, was arrested yesterday following a complaint by a 19-year-old tribal girl, police said.
Superintendent of Police DL Manhar told a news agency the girl had complained four months ago that she was raped by a youth at the school in 2006. She alleged that Thakur was complicit in the offence.
Manhar said police were trying to nab the culprit.
Last Sunday, a complaint of sexual assault on minor inmates of the government-run residential school for tribal girls at Jhaliyamari in Kanker district had come to light.
Six persons, including two teachers, have been arrested in that case so far. The state government has also ordered inspection of all the residential schools and hostels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre