Tribal girl alleges rape at govt school six years ago
Raipur: Close on the heels of the rape allegations at government-run school for tribal girls at Kanker, another case of rape, dating back six years, has come to light in Chhattisgarh`s Balod district.
Anita Thakur, superintendent of the pre-matric girls residential school (ashram) at Amadula village in the district, was arrested yesterday following a complaint by a 19-year-old tribal girl, police said.
Superintendent of Police DL Manhar told a news agency the girl had complained four months ago that she was raped by a youth at the school in 2006. She alleged that Thakur was complicit in the offence.
Manhar said police were trying to nab the culprit.
Last Sunday, a complaint of sexual assault on minor inmates of the government-run residential school for tribal girls at Jhaliyamari in Kanker district had come to light.
Six persons, including two teachers, have been arrested in that case so far. The state government has also ordered inspection of all the residential schools and hostels.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!