Two jawans injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two security personnel were on Friday injured in a Naxal attack in Maoist-hit Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
"The incident took place when the joint party of district force, Chhattisgarh Armed Force and Special Task Force was on a combing operating in the jungles of Chintagufa Police Station area of the district early this morning," Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) S R Bhagat told a news agency.
"So far we have information that two jawans were injured," the ASP said, adding additional forces were rushed to the spot to rescue them.
According to police sources, when the patrolling party reached near Minpa village in the region, Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on them leaving two of the jawans injured.
Security forces launched a retaliatory attack following which Naxals fled to the forest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter