Two jawans injured in Naxal attack in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two security personnel were on Friday injured in a Naxal attack in Maoist-hit Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
"The incident took place when the joint party of district force, Chhattisgarh Armed Force and Special Task Force was on a combing operating in the jungles of Chintagufa Police Station area of the district early this morning," Sukma Additional Superintendent of Police (ASP) S R Bhagat told a news agency.
"So far we have information that two jawans were injured," the ASP said, adding additional forces were rushed to the spot to rescue them.
According to police sources, when the patrolling party reached near Minpa village in the region, Naxals opened indiscriminate firing on them leaving two of the jawans injured.
Security forces launched a retaliatory attack following which Naxals fled to the forest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read