Two labourers electrocuted to death, five injured
Two labourers, including a minor, were electrocuted to death and five others critically injured while working at a road construction site in Chhattisgarh`s Bilaspur district, police said today.
Bilaspur: Two labourers, including a minor, were electrocuted to death and five others critically injured while working at a road construction site in Chhattisgarh`s Bilaspur district, police said today.
The mishap took place last evening in the Pachpedi village panchayat in Masturi region where the construction of cement concrete road was underway, Bilaspur Additional Superintendent of Police J R Thakur said.
While the labourers were involved in the construction work, a mixture machine suddenly came in contact with a live wire and those working near it got the electric shock, he said.
Shailendra Suryawanshi (18) died on the spot while Kishan Patle (16) succumbed during treatment at CIMS (Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Science) hospital in Bilaspur, he said.
Soon after the incident, the injured were rushed to a primary health centre from where they were later shifted to CIMS, the ASP said.
The five injured, in 19-30 years of age group, were undergoing treatment.
A case has been registered against village sarpanch, panchayat secretary and owner of the mixture machine in this connection, he said, adding that the machine and other construction material have been seized from the spot.
Action will also be taken against the accused under the provisions of Child Labourer (Prohibition and Regulation) Act as one of the victims was minor, he said.