Two naxal sympathisers held in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Two young suspected Naxal sympathisers, including a school girl, were on Thursday arrested in Maoist-hit Bijapur district of Chhattisgarh, police said.
"The Maoist sympathisers were nabbed from Kaika village of the district during an anti-Naxal operation by district force," a senior official told PTI.
Those arrested duo were identified as Manju Avlam (18) and Aytu Avlam (21), the official added.
According to police, both have admitted that they were helping Dinesh, a member of Gangalur LOS (local operating squad) of Maoists for supplying commodities of regular use to Naxals, besides acting as messengers for him.
"A few letters of communication with Maoists, Naxal literature and a couple of sharp-edged weapons have been recovered from their possession," the official said.
Both were booked under Chhattisgarh Jan Suraksha Adhiniyam 2005 (Chhattisgarh Special Public Security Act) and the Arms Act.
Manju is a ninth grade student in a government school of Bahairmagdh village in the region and recently appeared in her final exams.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest