We stand shoulder to shoulder with people of Chhattisgarh: Modi
Ahmedabad: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday took to twitter to condemn the Maoist attack on security forces in Chhattisgarh, which has left 16 people dead including one civilian.
"We stand shoulder to shoulder with people of Chhattisgarh. Anti-national forces can`t be allowed to derail the state`s development journey," Modi tweeted.
"We salute the brave souls who sacrificed their lives for the nation. Condolences to their families. Our prayers with the injured. Brutal killing of security personnel in Chhattisgarh is despicable. No words can be enough to condemn such acts," Modi further tweeted.
Earlier today, 16 people including one civilian were killed when Maoists attacked a team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) near Tongpal in Sukma District.
Police said the CRPF team, belonging to the 80th battalion, was part of a road opening party which had left Tongpal early morning when Maoists triggered an IED and opened indiscriminate fire on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir