We stand shoulder to shoulder with people of Chhattisgarh: Modi
Ahmedabad: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday took to twitter to condemn the Maoist attack on security forces in Chhattisgarh, which has left 16 people dead including one civilian.
"We stand shoulder to shoulder with people of Chhattisgarh. Anti-national forces can`t be allowed to derail the state`s development journey," Modi tweeted.
"We salute the brave souls who sacrificed their lives for the nation. Condolences to their families. Our prayers with the injured. Brutal killing of security personnel in Chhattisgarh is despicable. No words can be enough to condemn such acts," Modi further tweeted.
Earlier today, 16 people including one civilian were killed when Maoists attacked a team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) near Tongpal in Sukma District.
Police said the CRPF team, belonging to the 80th battalion, was part of a road opening party which had left Tongpal early morning when Maoists triggered an IED and opened indiscriminate fire on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees