We stand shoulder to shoulder with people of Chhattisgarh: Modi
Ahmedabad: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday took to twitter to condemn the Maoist attack on security forces in Chhattisgarh, which has left 16 people dead including one civilian.
"We stand shoulder to shoulder with people of Chhattisgarh. Anti-national forces can`t be allowed to derail the state`s development journey," Modi tweeted.
"We salute the brave souls who sacrificed their lives for the nation. Condolences to their families. Our prayers with the injured. Brutal killing of security personnel in Chhattisgarh is despicable. No words can be enough to condemn such acts," Modi further tweeted.
Earlier today, 16 people including one civilian were killed when Maoists attacked a team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) near Tongpal in Sukma District.
Police said the CRPF team, belonging to the 80th battalion, was part of a road opening party which had left Tongpal early morning when Maoists triggered an IED and opened indiscriminate fire on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report