We stand shoulder to shoulder with people of Chhattisgarh: Modi
Ahmedabad: Bharatiya Janata Party ( BJP) prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi on Tuesday took to twitter to condemn the Maoist attack on security forces in Chhattisgarh, which has left 16 people dead including one civilian.
"We stand shoulder to shoulder with people of Chhattisgarh. Anti-national forces can`t be allowed to derail the state`s development journey," Modi tweeted.
"We salute the brave souls who sacrificed their lives for the nation. Condolences to their families. Our prayers with the injured. Brutal killing of security personnel in Chhattisgarh is despicable. No words can be enough to condemn such acts," Modi further tweeted.
Earlier today, 16 people including one civilian were killed when Maoists attacked a team of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) near Tongpal in Sukma District.
Police said the CRPF team, belonging to the 80th battalion, was part of a road opening party which had left Tongpal early morning when Maoists triggered an IED and opened indiscriminate fire on them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai