Body of BSP MP Dhananjay`s maid lies unclaimed, her son goes missing
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: In a new twist, the son of the maid, who died after being tortured to death by the wife of Bahujan Samaj Party parliamentarian in Delhi, has gone missing.
Shehzan, 21, has been missing since Thursday night.
Shehzan had come from West Bengal after the death of his mother Rakhi. He went missing from outside the Chanakyapuri police station, where he went to complete the formalities to claim his mother`s body.
Rakhi`s body is lying unclaimed at the mortuary of Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital.
His mobile phone is switched off. His last location was traced near the Old Delhi Railway Station.
A team of Delhi Police has also been sent to Kolkata to bring the family members of Rakhi so her body could be handed over to them.
The post-mortem examination was conducted on Friday at the Lady Hardinge Medical College and Hospital here.
Police had reportedly found that Rakhi and her family were citizens of Bangladesh and shifted to West Bengal some years back.
Rakhi came to Delhi for work through a placement agency agent Dev Kumar, who is now on the run.
The woman, working as a maid for the past one year, was found dead inside BSP parliamentarian Dhananjay Singh`s house on South Avenue in New Delhi on Monday evening.
She was tortured and beaten to death by Singh`s wife, Jagriti Singh.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16