Delhi `completely unsafe`, says Assembly Speaker
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly Speaker Yoganand
Shastri on Thursday said the national capital was "completely
unsafe" and cited the recent rape incident in Dhaula Kuan and
the theft of his deputy`s SUV from his home here.
Briefing reporters about the just-concluded Winter
Session of the Delhi Assembly, Shastri said: "According to me,
Delhi is not safe where we have the SUV of Deputy Speaker
being stolen and incidents of rape like the one in Dhuala Kuan
"In my point of view, it is completely unsafe," he
He also defended his decision to suspend BJP MLAs for
three days from the Assembly as "they made it very difficult
for the proceedings to go.
"The accusation by Opposition that I acted partially
is baseless. The situation in the Assembly was unbearable.
They made it very difficult. There was no other option," he
He was asked to respond to BJP`s allegation that he
sided with the ruling party on the issue.
Shastri said the session had six sittings in which 546
notices for raising questions were issued.
"Out of them 120 was starred, 360 unstarred and 46
were rejected. Out of the 120 questions, 22 were replied and
67 supplements raised to it," he said.
There were 29 notifications and 26 special mentions
during the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack