Delhi `completely unsafe`, says Assembly Speaker
New Delhi: Delhi Assembly Speaker Yoganand
Shastri on Thursday said the national capital was "completely
unsafe" and cited the recent rape incident in Dhaula Kuan and
the theft of his deputy`s SUV from his home here.
Briefing reporters about the just-concluded Winter
Session of the Delhi Assembly, Shastri said: "According to me,
Delhi is not safe where we have the SUV of Deputy Speaker
being stolen and incidents of rape like the one in Dhuala Kuan
"In my point of view, it is completely unsafe," he
He also defended his decision to suspend BJP MLAs for
three days from the Assembly as "they made it very difficult
for the proceedings to go.
"The accusation by Opposition that I acted partially
is baseless. The situation in the Assembly was unbearable.
They made it very difficult. There was no other option," he
He was asked to respond to BJP`s allegation that he
sided with the ruling party on the issue.
Shastri said the session had six sittings in which 546
notices for raising questions were issued.
"Out of them 120 was starred, 360 unstarred and 46
were rejected. Out of the 120 questions, 22 were replied and
67 supplements raised to it," he said.
There were 29 notifications and 26 special mentions
during the session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'