ITBP constable`s son beats cancer to top his class
New Delhi: An ITBP constable`s son is
earning laurels and has become the cynosure of all eyes as he
defeated odds like a growing bone cancer and the absence of
his father posted at far flung China border to top in his
class X examination with distinction.
15-year-old Shakti Singh had a very painful and
disturbed last year after he was detected with cancer of the
bones and had to undertake regular chemotherapy sessions at
the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
Shakti`s father, Mahendra Singh Rathore, was till
recently posted at the ITBP forward area in Himachal Pradesh
to guard the Sino-Indian frontier and has now been allowed a
posting in the national capital to monitor his son`s
Shakti topped his class X exam with 88 per cent marks
and travels regularly from Churu in Rajasthan to Delhi to
undertake his painful chemotherapy sessions and medical
"Shakti along with his younger sister and mother has to
travel from Churu to Delhi on many occasions. He was earlier
admitted to the Sawai Man Singh hospital in Jaipur but the
need for advanced treatment brought us to Delhi," Shakti`s
father Mahendra said after his son was awarded
by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police for being extraordinary.
"I bring Shakti to such functions as this encourages
him to fight and feel happy in spite of all odds. After
medical treatment, it is only encouragement that will keep him
going," a teary-eyed Singh said.
Shakti will undergo a surgery at AIIMS in September to
remove the cancerous tissues from his legs but such painful
instances have not deterred him from hoping for the best.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days