ITBP constable`s son beats cancer to top his class
New Delhi: An ITBP constable`s son is
earning laurels and has become the cynosure of all eyes as he
defeated odds like a growing bone cancer and the absence of
his father posted at far flung China border to top in his
class X examination with distinction.
15-year-old Shakti Singh had a very painful and
disturbed last year after he was detected with cancer of the
bones and had to undertake regular chemotherapy sessions at
the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) here.
Shakti`s father, Mahendra Singh Rathore, was till
recently posted at the ITBP forward area in Himachal Pradesh
to guard the Sino-Indian frontier and has now been allowed a
posting in the national capital to monitor his son`s
Shakti topped his class X exam with 88 per cent marks
and travels regularly from Churu in Rajasthan to Delhi to
undertake his painful chemotherapy sessions and medical
"Shakti along with his younger sister and mother has to
travel from Churu to Delhi on many occasions. He was earlier
admitted to the Sawai Man Singh hospital in Jaipur but the
need for advanced treatment brought us to Delhi," Shakti`s
father Mahendra said after his son was awarded
by the Indo-Tibetan Border Police for being extraordinary.
"I bring Shakti to such functions as this encourages
him to fight and feel happy in spite of all odds. After
medical treatment, it is only encouragement that will keep him
going," a teary-eyed Singh said.
Shakti will undergo a surgery at AIIMS in September to
remove the cancerous tissues from his legs but such painful
instances have not deterred him from hoping for the best.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know