Light mist hits rail traffic in Delhi
New Delhi: A light mist enveloped the capital Wednesday morning, resulting in several trains being delayed. Flights, however, remained unaffected.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), visibility dropped to 400 metres at 8.30 am in the capital Wednesday.
The minimum temperature settled two notches above average at 8.3 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast light rains towards the evening.
"The skies will be partly cloudy and there is a possibility of light rains in the evening in some parts of the city," an IMD official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 22 degrees Celsius, the official added.
A total of 10 trains were running late due to the fog, while two had been cancelled, a Northern Railway statement said.
Officials at the Indira Gandhi Airport said that no flights were affected.
Tuesdays` maximum temperature was 22.6 degrees, two notches above average, while the minimum temperature was a notch below average at 6.6 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy