Light mist hits rail traffic in Delhi
New Delhi: A light mist enveloped the capital Wednesday morning, resulting in several trains being delayed. Flights, however, remained unaffected.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), visibility dropped to 400 metres at 8.30 am in the capital Wednesday.
The minimum temperature settled two notches above average at 8.3 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast light rains towards the evening.
"The skies will be partly cloudy and there is a possibility of light rains in the evening in some parts of the city," an IMD official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 22 degrees Celsius, the official added.
A total of 10 trains were running late due to the fog, while two had been cancelled, a Northern Railway statement said.
Officials at the Indira Gandhi Airport said that no flights were affected.
Tuesdays` maximum temperature was 22.6 degrees, two notches above average, while the minimum temperature was a notch below average at 6.6 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Eight police killed in southeast Turkey car bomb attack: Report
- AAP 'intentionally' framed Punjab chief Chhotepur before expelling him: Dharamvira Gandhi
- Juno probe to make its closest approach to Jupiter tomorrow!
- SHOCKING! Diego Maradona claims Lionel Messi 'staged' international retirement - Here's why
- Marijuana compound may improve night vision