Light mist hits rail traffic in Delhi
New Delhi: A light mist enveloped the capital Wednesday morning, resulting in several trains being delayed. Flights, however, remained unaffected.
According to the India Meteorological Department (IMD), visibility dropped to 400 metres at 8.30 am in the capital Wednesday.
The minimum temperature settled two notches above average at 8.3 degrees Celsius. The Met office has forecast light rains towards the evening.
"The skies will be partly cloudy and there is a possibility of light rains in the evening in some parts of the city," an IMD official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 22 degrees Celsius, the official added.
A total of 10 trains were running late due to the fog, while two had been cancelled, a Northern Railway statement said.
Officials at the Indira Gandhi Airport said that no flights were affected.
Tuesdays` maximum temperature was 22.6 degrees, two notches above average, while the minimum temperature was a notch below average at 6.6 degrees Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH