Nitin Gadkari slaps legal notice on Kejriwal for listing him `most corrupt`
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Friday served a legal notice to Aam Aadmi Party convener and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for calling him corrupt.
The notice states that Kejriwal`s remark against Gadkari is false aimed at tarnishing the BJP leader`s image and amount to be being defamatory.
Gadkari has asked Kejriwal to apologise for his remark within three days. Kejriwal this morning had mentioned Gadkari`s name in his list of most corrupt politicians.
The BJP leader has also threatened to sue the AAP chief if there is no apology from him within three days.
Kejriwal today listed out names of the most corrupt politicians in the country. The list included Suresh Kalmadi, Nitin Gadkari, Sushilkumar Shinde, BS Yeddyurappa, Kapil Sibal, Mulayam Singh, Kamal Nath, Veerappa Moily, Ananth Kumar, Anurag Thakur, Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel, P Chidambaram, Alagari, Kanimozhi, A Raja, Tarun Gogoi, Mayawati, Naveen Jindal.
The AAP chief who won the Delhi polls riding on the corruption plank, said that there is a need to vote out the corrupt politicians.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'