Nitin Gadkari slaps legal notice on Kejriwal for listing him `most corrupt`
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Friday served a legal notice to Aam Aadmi Party convener and Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal for calling him corrupt.
The notice states that Kejriwal`s remark against Gadkari is false aimed at tarnishing the BJP leader`s image and amount to be being defamatory.
Gadkari has asked Kejriwal to apologise for his remark within three days. Kejriwal this morning had mentioned Gadkari`s name in his list of most corrupt politicians.
The BJP leader has also threatened to sue the AAP chief if there is no apology from him within three days.
Kejriwal today listed out names of the most corrupt politicians in the country. The list included Suresh Kalmadi, Nitin Gadkari, Sushilkumar Shinde, BS Yeddyurappa, Kapil Sibal, Mulayam Singh, Kamal Nath, Veerappa Moily, Ananth Kumar, Anurag Thakur, Sharad Pawar, Praful Patel, P Chidambaram, Alagari, Kanimozhi, A Raja, Tarun Gogoi, Mayawati, Naveen Jindal.
The AAP chief who won the Delhi polls riding on the corruption plank, said that there is a need to vote out the corrupt politicians.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living