No hike in water tariff in Delhi
New Delhi: Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Sunday announced that there will no hike in water tariff in the capital.
As per the decision of the Delhi Jal Board (DJB), the revision was due on Jaunary 1 but Dikshit said there would no hike this year.
"Dikshit further directed the DJB to make its Revenue Management System smooth and settle issues related to billing. Dikshit also stressed upon the need of immediate resolution of Consumer Grievances and other issues arisen in the early days of Revenue Management System," an official release said.
She said consumers have a justified right to redressal of their reasonable grievances, hence, DJB must act swiftly with a sympathetic view.
"She has told DJB in plain words to put on hold hike in water tariff. This decision is, in fact, a new year gift to the consumers of DJB in the city," the statement said.
The DJB has already waived off penalty on domestic water bills up to December 31 and has allowed the consumers to make payment of their dues in two easy instalments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened