Northeast students protest in Delhi, laticharged by cops
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Northeast students protesting at Raisina Hill here against the attacks on people from the northeartern states and demanding justice for the Nido Taniam, a student from Arunachal Pradesh who died in the national capital after allegedly beaten up, were laticharged by the Delhi Police on Friday.
According to reports, at least 50 protesting students have been detained by the police from the protest venue. The students who were protesting at the Jantar Mantar broke through the security cordon and reached Raisina Hill shouting slogans.
Supreme Court today issued guidelines to the Centre and state governments for providing protection to people from northeast in various parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!