Northeast students protest in Delhi, laticharged by cops
Zee Media Bureau/Himanshu Kapoor
New Delhi: Northeast students protesting at Raisina Hill here against the attacks on people from the northeartern states and demanding justice for the Nido Taniam, a student from Arunachal Pradesh who died in the national capital after allegedly beaten up, were laticharged by the Delhi Police on Friday.
According to reports, at least 50 protesting students have been detained by the police from the protest venue. The students who were protesting at the Jantar Mantar broke through the security cordon and reached Raisina Hill shouting slogans.
Supreme Court today issued guidelines to the Centre and state governments for providing protection to people from northeast in various parts of the country.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list