Temperature drops in Delhi, humidity woes continue
New Delhi: Day temperature remained at tolerable level in the national capital today, a day after monsoon arrived here, but high humidity continued to cause discomfort to Delhiites.
According to the MeT department, the maximum temperature settled at 36.8 degrees Celsius which was normal for this part of the season. Humidity levels oscillated between 52 and 92 per cent during the day.
The minimum temperature in Delhi settled at 26 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal. During the last 24 hours ending at 8:30 AM, the city received 6.8 mm rainfall while from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, the rain gauges measured 0.4 mm of showers.
Yesterday, the day temperature was recorded at 32.7 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, while the minimum settled at 26.1 degrees.
The MeT department had predicted a partly cloudy sky for tomorrow. "It will be partly cloudy sky tomorrow and rain and thundershowers may occur in some parts of the city. The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to be around 38 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively," the MeT department added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- Vijay Mallya PMLA case: ED to invoke India-UK MLAT for extradition
- IPL 2016, Qualifier 1: RCB vs GL - Squads, date, time, venue, TV listing, live streaming
- BJP govt cannot turn a blind eye to illegal immigration in Assam: RSS
- CBSE announces results of Central Teacher Eligibility Test
- PM Modi gifts Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Khamenei reproduction of rare Quran manuscript