Temperature drops in Delhi, humidity woes continue
New Delhi: Day temperature remained at tolerable level in the national capital today, a day after monsoon arrived here, but high humidity continued to cause discomfort to Delhiites.
According to the MeT department, the maximum temperature settled at 36.8 degrees Celsius which was normal for this part of the season. Humidity levels oscillated between 52 and 92 per cent during the day.
The minimum temperature in Delhi settled at 26 degrees Celsius, one notch below normal. During the last 24 hours ending at 8:30 AM, the city received 6.8 mm rainfall while from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, the rain gauges measured 0.4 mm of showers.
Yesterday, the day temperature was recorded at 32.7 degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, while the minimum settled at 26.1 degrees.
The MeT department had predicted a partly cloudy sky for tomorrow. "It will be partly cloudy sky tomorrow and rain and thundershowers may occur in some parts of the city. The maximum and minimum temperatures are expected to be around 38 and 27 degrees Celsius, respectively," the MeT department added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Priyanka Gandhi Vadra to campaign outside Amethi and Rae Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections?
- 'India stalling dialogue with Pakistan to avoid negotiations on Kashmir'
- Cancer woes: Parsley, dill can actually be the cure!
- Spine chilling! French swimmer Yannick Agnel promises to swim around the Nordic island if Iceland win Euro 2016
- LeEco Le 2, Le Max2 second flash sale on July 5; registrations open