Temperature set to dip further as rain lashes Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to an overcast Tuesday morning and were caught in unexpected rain as the day progressed.
The Met Office has forecast rain throughout the day.
"There will be light rain and thunder showers Tuesday with the day remaining cloudy," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
Some people took shelter under metro stations.
"The day was gloomy but the rain was not expected. I am totally drenched in a five-minute rickshaw ride from the metro station to office," said Riedh Sarkar, who works in an IT firm in Gurgaon, Haryana.
The minimum temperature was recorded three notches above the season`s average at 10.2 degrees Celsius, while the maximum temperature is likely to hover around 20 degrees Celsius.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 100 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test