Temperature set to dip further as rain lashes Delhi
New Delhi: Delhiites woke up to an overcast Tuesday morning and were caught in unexpected rain as the day progressed.
The Met Office has forecast rain throughout the day.
"There will be light rain and thunder showers Tuesday with the day remaining cloudy," said an official of the India Meteorological Department.
Some people took shelter under metro stations.
"The day was gloomy but the rain was not expected. I am totally drenched in a five-minute rickshaw ride from the metro station to office," said Riedh Sarkar, who works in an IT firm in Gurgaon, Haryana.
The minimum temperature was recorded three notches above the season`s average at 10.2 degrees Celsius, while the maximum temperature is likely to hover around 20 degrees Celsius.
Humidity at 8.30 a.m. was 100 percent.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference