Woman catches robbers after chase, to be rewarded
New Delhi: A 24-year-old woman chased and nabbed two of four robbers who stole her mobile phone and purse in Janakpuri area of west Delhi.
Commending her effort, Delhi police has decided to reward her for her bravery.
Ankita, a resident of Uttam Nagar, was returning home from Janakpuri area in a private bus on Saturday evening when the four robbers, standing near the door of the bus, snatched her purse and mobile phone, and jumped off the moving vehicle, a senior police officer said.
Ankita immediately asked the driver to stop the vehilcle and got off it and started chasing accused. She managed to catch two of the robbers, while the others fled.
With the help of passersby, she handed over the duo, one of whom was identified as Sonu (22) and the other a minor, to police, the officer said.
Police recovered the stolen purse and mobile from their possession and have launched a hunt to nab the other two accused, the officer said, adding that Ankita will be rewarded for her bravery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation