Won’t let Santosh Koli’s sacrifice go in vain: Arvind Kejriwal
Zee Media Bureau
Gurgaon: Santosh Koli, an Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) member, who was seriously injured in an accident in June, succumbed to injuries at a hospital in Gurgaon on Wednesday.
Confirming the news, AAP chief Arvind Kejriwal tweeted: "Santosh passes away. May her soul rest in peace...We all resolve that we will not let her sacrifice go in vain. We have to take her struggle forward."
The official account of Aam Aadmi Party tweeted: "Santosh is no more. She took her last breath after a heart attack a while ago."
Koli was seriously injured on June 30 when a speeding car rammed into the motorcycle on which she was riding pillion.
She was rushed to a hospital where her condition remained critical. The accident had occurred near Kaushambi Metro station under Link Road police station of Ghaziabad.
Koli was the AAP`s candidate from Sundar Nagari Assembly constituency in Delhi.
Kejriwal had staged an agitation from Koli`s residence against inflated power bills.
The Uttar Pradesh Police have not yet arrested the man who "tried to kill Aam Aadmi Party leader Santosh Koli" by ramming his speeding car into the motorcycle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users