Fiona alleges drug peddlers-police nexus for daughter`s death
Panaji: Fiona Mackeown, mother of Scarlett
Eden Keeling, on Saturday said she considers that people responsible
for her daughter`s death were part of the drug
peddler-policemen and politician nexus.
"I could not believe anyway that the way they treated me
and the way I had no support from the government and the way
some ministers verbally attacked me, this can`t be without a
nexus," Fiona told reporters here.
"Police have lied to me and they are continuing to lie.
Why are the men responsible for the cover up not been
punished"" she asked.
Scarlet`s mutilated body was found at Anjuna on February
Two locals, Samson D`Souza and Placido Carvalho, were
arrested in this case.
Fiona is down in India to depose before Goa children`s
court in this case.
She deposed before the court on Friday and her cross
examination will continue on Monday.
She has been following the news for two and half years
now and there is no doubt in her mind that there is a nexus
between drug dealers and police with political backing, Fiona
"These criminals would not have felt so confident to
murder Scarlet and get away with it. I can basically blame
drug nexus for Scarlet`s death, if it did not exist she would
have been alive or the subsequent cover up would not have
happened," she said.
"I have got no doubts that she was murdered. She could
have been ordered to be murdered. Despite all the bad
publicity about the drug nexus it still exists," Fiona said.
The British mother said Scarlet is not the only person
who was murdered and drug nexus was blamed.
"Stephen Bennett his family also blamed drug nexus.
Why is not anybody listening?" she questioned.
"I have been in contact with many people who had their
loved murdered here. All of them are saying that the worst
aspect to deal with has been a corrupt police. Something has
got to be done about it," Fiona said.
"The only thing that is going to make a change is a
serious inquiry and removing rotten eggs from much respected
police force," she said.
"I would not like to speak on any matter related to trial
as that area is subjudiced," Fiona added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof