Fire in cinema hall in Chandigarh
Chandigarh: A fire on Monday broke out in one of the oldest cinema halls located in the heart of city when the noon show was about to end.
No one was, however, injured in the fire that broke out due to short circuit at `Kiran` theatre, a fire brigade official said. The noon show of `We Are Family` was on when the flames erupted from behind the screen. Fire tenders immediately arrived at the cinema hall and put out the fire, he said.
As it was a minor fire, the next show started as usual at the cinema hall located in a highly congested area, theatre staff said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued