Gurgaon: Cabs service for women launched
Gurgaon: A taxi service exclusively for women and families was launched in this Delhi suburb Friday. The drivers will be women trained in martial arts.
The Apra group has launched GCabs with a fleet of 125 vehicles and 35 drivers. An official said that the number of drivers would be increased in line with the demand.
The Apra group had last year launched a `Pink Auto` service in Gurgaon exclusively for women.
The recent increase in crimes against women commuters in the Gurgaon area has led the company to start the taxi service. The vehicles are fitted with state-of-the-art communication and dispatch systems and GPS.
The service also provides a point-to-point sharing facility that reduces the per kilometre expenditure.
The women drivers are experienced and have been trained for the last two months in road safety and traffic rules.
The service would be available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and will cost Rs.20 per km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter