Gurgaon: Cabs service for women launched
Gurgaon: A taxi service exclusively for women and families was launched in this Delhi suburb Friday. The drivers will be women trained in martial arts.
The Apra group has launched GCabs with a fleet of 125 vehicles and 35 drivers. An official said that the number of drivers would be increased in line with the demand.
The Apra group had last year launched a `Pink Auto` service in Gurgaon exclusively for women.
The recent increase in crimes against women commuters in the Gurgaon area has led the company to start the taxi service. The vehicles are fitted with state-of-the-art communication and dispatch systems and GPS.
The service also provides a point-to-point sharing facility that reduces the per kilometre expenditure.
The women drivers are experienced and have been trained for the last two months in road safety and traffic rules.
The service would be available from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and will cost Rs.20 per km.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Curfew continues across Kashmir Valley as separatists extend shutdown till Monday
- France committed to leading Israel-Palestine talks: Hollande
- US sues Pennsylvania town for ban on building mosque
- Turkey temporarily suspends human rights convention after failed coup
- 'Don't abandon search for MH370,' plead families of victims