Mobile phones seized from prisoners in Faridabad
Faridabad: Haryana Police recovered a mobile phone from a murder accused in Faridabad`s Neemka jail, even as jail authorities, during recent search operations, seized phones from six inmates, police said Tuesday.
A phone and a SIM card were recovered on Monday from the inmate, identified as Bijan, alias Bijander, who is serving life term for a 1995 murder, a police spokesperson said.
However, when the accused was presented before District and Sessions judge on August 29, he denied that the seized mobile phone was his, the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, the other inmates caught with mobile phones have been booked and police has launched a probe in the matter, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list