Mobile phones seized from prisoners in Faridabad
Faridabad: Haryana Police recovered a mobile phone from a murder accused in Faridabad`s Neemka jail, even as jail authorities, during recent search operations, seized phones from six inmates, police said Tuesday.
A phone and a SIM card were recovered on Monday from the inmate, identified as Bijan, alias Bijander, who is serving life term for a 1995 murder, a police spokesperson said.
However, when the accused was presented before District and Sessions judge on August 29, he denied that the seized mobile phone was his, the spokesperson said.
Meanwhile, the other inmates caught with mobile phones have been booked and police has launched a probe in the matter, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks