Ramdev`s effigy burnt in Haryana
Hisar: A Dalit body on Tuesday burnt an effigy of yoga guru Ramdev and demanded his arrest for his "honeymoon and picnic" remark against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and Dalits.
The activists of Ambedkar Sabha burnt the effigy of the yoga guru at Ambedkar Chowk at Hansi town, about 26 km from here.
Outraged at his alleged anti-Dalit comments, activists of the Sabha held demonstration and demanded his immediate arrest in the case.
The Sabha alleged that comments of Ramdev, who hails from Haryana, had proved "that the so-called saints still looked down upon Dalits".
Last week, addressing a programme in Lucknow, Ramdev had said, "Rahul goes to Dalits` houses for honeymoon and picnic."
The remarks triggered a massive outrage across the country after which Ramdev expressed regret.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row