Ramdev`s effigy burnt in Haryana
Hisar: A Dalit body on Tuesday burnt an effigy of yoga guru Ramdev and demanded his arrest for his "honeymoon and picnic" remark against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and Dalits.
The activists of Ambedkar Sabha burnt the effigy of the yoga guru at Ambedkar Chowk at Hansi town, about 26 km from here.
Outraged at his alleged anti-Dalit comments, activists of the Sabha held demonstration and demanded his immediate arrest in the case.
The Sabha alleged that comments of Ramdev, who hails from Haryana, had proved "that the so-called saints still looked down upon Dalits".
Last week, addressing a programme in Lucknow, Ramdev had said, "Rahul goes to Dalits` houses for honeymoon and picnic."
The remarks triggered a massive outrage across the country after which Ramdev expressed regret.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai