Ramdev`s effigy burnt in Haryana
Hisar: A Dalit body on Tuesday burnt an effigy of yoga guru Ramdev and demanded his arrest for his "honeymoon and picnic" remark against Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi and Dalits.
The activists of Ambedkar Sabha burnt the effigy of the yoga guru at Ambedkar Chowk at Hansi town, about 26 km from here.
Outraged at his alleged anti-Dalit comments, activists of the Sabha held demonstration and demanded his immediate arrest in the case.
The Sabha alleged that comments of Ramdev, who hails from Haryana, had proved "that the so-called saints still looked down upon Dalits".
Last week, addressing a programme in Lucknow, Ramdev had said, "Rahul goes to Dalits` houses for honeymoon and picnic."
The remarks triggered a massive outrage across the country after which Ramdev expressed regret.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test