100 Diarrhoea monitoring units set up in Koraput district
Koraput (Odisha): To contain waterborne diseases which spread during monsoon around 100 Diarrhoea monitoring units (DMU) have been constituted in Koraput district to monitor the situation, an official said Thursday.
Sufficient quantity of anti-diarrhoea drugs and ORS packets have also been supplied to DMUs, medical sub-centres and ANMs to treat patients, the sources said.
"Measures are being taken to ensure that the district is not hit by either diarrhoea or cholera," said Koraput district Collector Yamini Sarangi.
Scores of people succumb to diarrhoea in the district during monsoon every year. The disease generally spreads in the end of July and August and chances of it turning into an epidemic is very high, sources said.
The collector said health awareness camps are being organised in rural areas and leaflets on precautionary measures to prevent the diseases distributed in the district.
Local artists have been roped in for street plays to disseminate information about spread, prevention and treatment of the diseases, she said.
Though water bodies have been purified, rural folk still have been cautioned against consuming polluted stream water and stale food, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video