60 avian flu cases in China, 13 dead
Beijing: The total number of confirmed cases of H7N9 avian influenza in China has reached 60, including 13 people who died from the disease, the government said.
Till Sunday evening, 11 new cases were confirmed, with two new deaths reported in Shanghai, Xinhua reported citing the National Health and Family Planning Commission.
The commission said in a daily update that so far the country has reported a total of 60 H7N9 cases, including 13 that ended in fatalities.
So far, a total of 24 cases, including nine ending in fatalities, have been reported in Shanghai.
Sixteen cases, including one death, have been reported in Jiangsu province, and 15 cases, including two deaths, in Zhejiang province.
Beijing has reported one case, and Anhui province two cases, with one death. Central China`s Henan province has reported two infection cases.
The commission said that those who have had close contact with people infected by H7N9 have been placed under medical observation and have exhibited no abnormal symptoms.
It said the confirmed H7N9 cases are isolated and there has been no sign of human-to-human transmission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion