60 avian flu cases in China, 13 dead
Beijing: The total number of confirmed cases of H7N9 avian influenza in China has reached 60, including 13 people who died from the disease, the government said.
Till Sunday evening, 11 new cases were confirmed, with two new deaths reported in Shanghai, Xinhua reported citing the National Health and Family Planning Commission.
The commission said in a daily update that so far the country has reported a total of 60 H7N9 cases, including 13 that ended in fatalities.
So far, a total of 24 cases, including nine ending in fatalities, have been reported in Shanghai.
Sixteen cases, including one death, have been reported in Jiangsu province, and 15 cases, including two deaths, in Zhejiang province.
Beijing has reported one case, and Anhui province two cases, with one death. Central China`s Henan province has reported two infection cases.
The commission said that those who have had close contact with people infected by H7N9 have been placed under medical observation and have exhibited no abnormal symptoms.
It said the confirmed H7N9 cases are isolated and there has been no sign of human-to-human transmission.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi