36 new dengue cases push total to 1,835 in Delhi
New Delhi: As many as 36 new dengue cases were reported in the last 24 hours in the capital, pushing the total number of those suffering from the disease in the city to 1,835, official data showed Thursday.
Of the 36 new cases, 11 were reported from areas under North Delhi Municipal Corporation (NDMC), 15 from South Delhi Municipal Corporation (SDMC), and nine from East Delhi Municipal Corporation (EDMC), while the address of one person could not be ascertained.
The mosquito-borne disease has claimed four lives since it hit the capital this year. SDMC has reported the maximum number of cases at 711 from its area.
Besides, 12 dengue cases originating from neighbouring states have pushed the total to 1,847 in the capital region.
In 2011, a total of 1,036 dengue cases were reported in Delhi with five deaths, down from 6,138 cases with seven deaths in 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016