Apollo Hospitals launches Strand`s clinical genomic tests
Hyderabad: Apollo Hospitals has announced the launch of clinical genomic tests from the Strand Center for Genomics and Personalised Medicine across its hospital network which will help doctors diagnose disease precisely and identify optimal treatment.
These tests in oncology, cardiovascular, heritable eye diseases and rare genetic disorders shall be integrated into clinical practice by Apollo's subsidiary, Sapien Biosciences in partnership with Strand Life Sciences, it said in a statement yesterday.
"These tests will help doctors diagnose disease more precisely, identify the optimal treatment and monitor disease and treatment course for better outcomes," it said.
Genomic testing involves analysis of patient genomes genes and sequences of DNA/RNA. The analysis helps create better prognostic tools for improved disease screening and prevention strategies. The patient benefits from optimised clinical care, personalisation of treatment and monitoring of outcomes, it was noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway