Apollo Hospitals launches Strand`s clinical genomic tests
Hyderabad: Apollo Hospitals has announced the launch of clinical genomic tests from the Strand Center for Genomics and Personalised Medicine across its hospital network which will help doctors diagnose disease precisely and identify optimal treatment.
These tests in oncology, cardiovascular, heritable eye diseases and rare genetic disorders shall be integrated into clinical practice by Apollo's subsidiary, Sapien Biosciences in partnership with Strand Life Sciences, it said in a statement yesterday.
"These tests will help doctors diagnose disease more precisely, identify the optimal treatment and monitor disease and treatment course for better outcomes," it said.
Genomic testing involves analysis of patient genomes genes and sequences of DNA/RNA. The analysis helps create better prognostic tools for improved disease screening and prevention strategies. The patient benefits from optimised clinical care, personalisation of treatment and monitoring of outcomes, it was noted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites